Bagerhat Tourist Place । Spend The Night । Where To Eat । How To Go
Welcome to Bagerhat district under Khulna division of Bangladesh. Travelling to Bagerhat will give you great pleasure.
Bagerhat district is the 6th largest district in Bangladesh. There are so many proverbs and legends about naming Bagerhat. The Persian word bug means garden. So the word Bagerhat means garden market. It is bounded on the north by Gopalganj, on the south by the Bay of Bengal, on the east by Pirojpur and Barguna and on the west by Khulna district. The city is famous for its mosques. There is a historic sixty domed mosque here. There are 9 Upazilas in this district including Kachua, Chitalmari, Fakirhat Upazila, Bagerhat Sadar, Mongla, Morelganj, Mollahat, Rampar, Sharankhola.
was the first settlement of the non-Ariyan class of people who came from the Mediterranean region of the Austronesian and Dravidian and Mongolian Alpine. The people of Bagerhat is an agriculturally dependent district where mainly coconuts and betel nuts are grown. Rice, fish and various vegetables are also the main sources of economy for the people of this region. There are numerous rivers in Bagerhat like Madhumati river, Pashur river, Haringhata river, Panghuchi river, Dartana river, Mongla river, Bogra river, Baleshwar river, Bhangra river and Gosairkhali river. Notable personalities here are Abdul Jabbar Jahanabadi (Educationist), Matiur Rahman Mallick (Poet and Literary), Liaquat Ali Khan (Awarded Freedom Fighter), Sheikh Abdul Aziz (Politician), Rubel Hossain (Player) etc.
How to go-
Whenever you want to go Bagerhat, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Bagerhat). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC) and all information
Places of interest-
The Shaat Gombuj Mosque, located in this district, is a world heritage mosque in Bangladesh. Sixty Dome Mosque is one of the traditional sites of Bangladesh which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1983. To enter the 60-domed mosque premises, one has to pay 20tk per person. Sixty Dome Mosque can be reached directly from Bagerhat Sadar by CNG or rickshaw.
Dublar Chor is located in this district where there is a small beautiful island. It is best known as a holy place for Hindus, rasmelas and deer. All the families in Dublar Chor are fishermen and all of them catch fish as well as make dried fish. From the district headquarters, the port of Mongla has to be reached by boat to reach Dublar Char.
Mongla Port is located at the junction of Pashur and Mongla rivers in Selabunia mouza in Rampal upazila of this district. port is located 100 km north of the Bay of Bengal. Where goods are imported and exported. From Bagerhat you can reach Katakhali bus stand and from there you can take a Mongla bus and go straight to Mongla port.
Kochikhali beach is known as a green land of natural beauty located in Bagerhat district. Where deer herds, wild pigs, tigers etc. also aquatic animals like crocodiles, dolphins can be seen in the estuary of Katka river. can be reached by bus from Sadar.
Kodla Moth(monastery) is one of the ancient monuments located in Ayodhya village of Baruipara union of Bagerhat Sadar Upazila. It is mainly a relic of King Pratapaditya of Bagerhat and a shining example of the rich Hindu tradition and architecture of Bengal. From Bagerhat Sadar, take a rickshaw or auto to Jatrapur Bazar, 3 km east of the ancient Bhairab river, you can find Kodla Monastery.
The Bagerhat Museum is located in the southeast corner of the sixty-domed mosque at Sundarghona in Bagerhat district. Where there is Muslim culture and the memory of Khanjahan Ali. Also noteworthy memorabilia, coins, utensils, utensils, maps and recorded history also can be seen. You can go to Bagerhat Museum by auto or rickshaw or public bus from Sadar.
Tomb of Khan Jahan Ali-
Khan Jahan Ali’s shrine in Bagerhat district which is the birthplace of Khan Jahan Ali (R) but his shrine is located in Jessore, Bagerhat area of Bangladesh because he came to preach Islam. The shrine of Khan Jahan Ali is located at a distance of 300 yards from Khulna-Bagerhat road.
Singair Mosque in Sundarghona village in Bagerhat district, one of the oldest settlements in Bangladesh. This historic one-domed mosque was built by Khan Jahan Ali (R) in the fifteenth century during the Mughal rule. You can go to Singair Mosque by CNG from Sadar.
Nine Dome Mosque-
The historic nine-domed mosque is located on the west bank of the Tagore Dighi in Bagerhat. There are nine semi-circular domes on the roof of the mosque. The nine-domed mosque is located at a distance of 300 yards from Khulna-Bagerhat road.
Other places of interest:
- Chandramahal Eco Park.
- Seven-domed mosque.
- Ten-domed mosque.
- One domed mosque.
- Ghoradighi and Sona Masjid etc.
Where to spend the night-
- You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels- Circuit House, Dak Bungalow, Hotel Al-Amin, Hotel Mohana, Hotel Sukant, Hotel Fouad, Residential Hotel, Hotel Pashur Mangla, Hotel Castel Salam etc. are some famous and safe place to stay.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat –
- This city’s food? ———> the city is famous for coconuts and betel nuts. The most popular thing in this city is honey. The foods that are eaten here are mostly fish, various type of vegetables.
- In Bagerhat, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
- New Al-Medina Trading, New Market, Jiudhara Bazar, Kalam Sardar Market, Barakpur Bazar, KB Fish Market, Sophie Market etc.
- Do shopping in this city with joy.
Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Bagerhat or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- Transportation system at Bagerhat is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Bagerhat, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above.
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.