Bakerganj – Where To Spend The Night, To Eat, Sights And How To Go
Welcome to Bakerganj Upazila in Barisal District of Bangladesh. Traveling to Bakerganj will give you great pleasure.
This Upazila is a densely populated and business center situated on the banks of the river Srimant. This Upazila was named after Nawab Alivardi Khan. Aga Baker Khan acquired the zamindari of Umedpur Pargana of Bakla-Chandradwip. In 1740, Aga Bak established a ganj in his own name on the banks of the Khairabad river, (a tributary of the Sugandha) and named it Bakerganj. This Upazila has 1 municipality and 14 unions (Char Aamaddi, Charadi, Darial, Dudhal, Durgapasha, Faridpur, Kabai, Nalua, Kalsakathi, Garuria, Bharpasha, Rangshree, Padri Shibpur, and Niamati). This Upazila has contributed a lot to the liberation war of Bangladesh. There have also been sports personalities since ancient times. Various tournaments are held here every year. There are different forms of different cultures and languages. located at a distance of about 30 km from Barisal Sadar.
How to go-
Whenever you want to go Bakerganj, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Bakerganj). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC), and all information.
Sights of Bakerganj-
Kalaskathi zamindar house-
Kalsakathi zamindar house is 3 km away from Bakerganj. Kalaskathi is an ancient town. The zamindar house is located at Kalaskathi Bazar by crossing Sahebganj ferry in Bakerganj Upazila Sadar with the by motorcycle rickshaw or van.
Choramaddi Mungakhan Jame Mosque-
Mungakhan Jame Mosque is located in this Upazila. The mosque is modeled on Mughal architecture. The mosque was built under the inspiration of a wealthy businessman named Munga Khan.
Natu Babu zamindar house-
This zamindar house is a historical zamindar house located in Shampur village of this Upazila. The house was known to the public as Natu Babu’s Zamindar Bari after the name of Natu Babu, the last zamindar of the zamindar dynasty.
Nasrat Gazi Mosque-
This mosque is located in Shialguni village of this Upazila. It was originally built during the reign of Nasir Uddin Nusrat Shah as an ancient and archeological site.
Where to spend the night-
- You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels-District Council Dak Bungalow, Grameen Bank Road, Bakerganj, etc. are quite good for the night staying.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat –
- This city’s food? ———> The people of this area are very fond of food.
- There are about 100 types of cakes made of date juice, molasses, coconut, milk, and chickpeas.
- In Bakerganj, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
- There are a few small markets in this area.
- Do shopping in this city with joy.
. Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Bakerganj or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- The transportation system at Bakerganj is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Bakerganj, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.