Barguna! Where To Spend The Night । Where To Eat । Tourist Spot And ETC
Welcome to Barguna district in the Barisal division of southern Bangladesh. Travelling to Barguna will give you great pleasure.
Barguna district, an administrative region in the southern part of Bangladesh, was the most affected region by Hurricane Sidr in 2008. There are various proverbs and legends about the naming of Barguna. Many people think that the name Barguna originates from the word Borogona. The condition of a favourable wave of the river is called Baragona. Barguna district has a total of 8 Upazilas (Amtali, Taltali, Patharghata, Barguna Sadar, Bamna and Betagi). The main source of Barguna’s economy is agriculture. Many people in Barguna work as fishermen as it is located in the coastal district of Barguna, including cereals like rice, peanuts, mustard, sunflower and various pulses. In this city, there is a sculpture “Agnijhara Ekattor” commemorating the great liberation war which is located in the town hall premises of the municipal city. The city has a variety of cultures including folk culture, classical culture, Rakhine culture etc.
Places of interest –
Haringhata Tourist Center –
A natural forest in Barguna district and a tourist area fascinated by the sea, Parinaghata is a tourist destination. Where there are unknown trees and wildlife, this is a part of the Sundarbans. The launch can be taken from Barguna to go to Haringhata.
Tengragiri Ecopark, a wildlife sanctuary with a vast forest area located in this district. There are lush green mangrove forests, red crabs chirping on the beach, birds chirping and sunset views at the afternoon. From Barguna Sadar, you can go to Amtali by motorbike to go to Sonakata.
Shuvo shondha beach-
Shuvo shondha beach is one of the beautiful beaches in this district surrounded by the green waves of the deep sea. It is very beautiful to see the beach here in the evening and the beach is gaining popularity among the tourists to spend time in solitude. From Barguna you can reach Taltoli Upazila by bike and go to Shondha Beach in Nishanbaria Union.
Laldia Forest and Beach-
Surrounded by two rivers and the sea , Laldia and the beach are located at the eastern end of the forest. There is a dry village here which has been going on for more than 50 years. To get to Laldia forest from Barguna district one has to hire a trawler or boat.
Bibi Chini Mosque-
There is a domed mosque surrounded by various trees and Shah Neyamat Ullah (ra). came to this region from Persia for the purpose of preaching Islam and stayed in that mosque. From Barguna district you can come to Betagi Upazila and go to Bibichini mosque.
Other places of interest:
- Bihang Island or Dhansiri Char,
Where to spend the night-
- You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels-
- District Council Dak Bungalow, Khamarbari Rest House, Agro Service Center, Barguna Rest House, Hotel Bashundhara, Hotel Alam etc. are quite famous.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat –
- This city’s food? ———> this region is famous for coconuts and betel nuts.
- There are also famous dishes like Chuya Pitha, Chaba Pitha, Muitta Pitha, Allan, Biski, Palm Marmalade, Shirni, Coconut Suruya, Bread, Fish and Sweets.
- In Barguna, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
- All in One BD, Raisa, New Market, Super Market etc.
- Do shopping in this city with joy.
How to go-
Whenever you want to go Barguna, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Destination). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC) and all information.
Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Barguna or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- Transportation system at Barguna is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Barguna, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above.
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.