Jhalakathi । Toursist Spot । Hotels । Restaurant । How To Go And More Info
Welcome to Jhalakathi District, an administrative region of the Barisal Division in southern Bangladesh. Travelling to Jhalakathi will give you great pleasure.
Jhalakathi was formerly part of Barisal district. But Jhalakathi municipality was established on 1 April 1875. It is bounded by Barisal to the north and east, Barguna and Bishkhali in the south and Lohagara and Pirojpur districts in the west. There are several proverbs about naming Jhalakathi. The ancient name of Jhalokati district in Maharajganj. The name Jalkathi> Jhalakathi originates from Jal Kathi Bazar. The district consists of 4 Upazilas, 4 thanas, 2 municipalities, 32 unions, 400 Mouzas, 449 villages and 2 parliamentary seats. The main sources of the economy here are grains and paddy including mango, banana, olive, jackfruit, palm, litchi, coconut, mango, guava etc. there are so many notable personalities came from this district including the famous poet Kamini Roy.
How to go-
Whenever you want to go Jhalakati, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Jhalakati). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC) and all information.
Places of interest in Jhalokati-
Kirtipasha zamindar house-
Kirtipasha Zamindar Bari is one of the oldest settlements located in Kirtipasha Union in Jhalokati Sadar Upazila. The antiquities of the Kartipasha zamindar house which is a witness of so many great histories are now on the verge of disappearing. Kirtipasha can be reached from Jhalokati Sadar by auto or motorbike or by any other means.
Saturia zamindar house-
Saturia Zamindar Bari is the house established by the saint Shahabuddin in this district. There are many ponds, flower gardens, three old Mughal style buildings, the main gate or the front door. The village of Saturia zamindar is blessed with the birth of a great man, a village full of natural beauty. Saturia zamindar’s house located a short distance from the headquarters.
Floating Guava Market-
Kartipasha Zamindar Bari (Floating Guava Bazaar), the largest guava orchard in Asia, is located on the border of three districts, Jhalokati, Barisal and Pirojpur. You have to go to the floating guava market by launch from Sadar district.
The Gabkhan Bridge is the 5th China-Friendship Bridge of Bangladesh established on the famous Gabkhan Channel. This channel is also known as Bengal’s Suez Canal. The Gabkhan Channel, the only artificial waterway connecting Bangladesh between Sandhya and Sugandha rivers, is about 16 km. To see the Gabkhan bridge you have to take an autorickshaw from Jhalokati Sadar.
It was rumoured that this fort was made within one night, that is why the locals used to call Sujabad fort as Bhoot Garh. At present Sujabad fort is better known as Old College. at the ending time of the Mughal rule, the Jhalakati region became a major source of plunder for the Mughals and Portuguese pirates. You can come to Jhalokati district and take local transport to Sujabad fort located in Sujabad village.
Other places of interest:
- Sher-e-Bangla A.K. Fazlul Haque’s mother Syedunnesa’s house.
- Sugandha river.
Where to spend the night-
- You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels-Dhansiri Rest House, Dalian Than Chinese Hotel etc. are some good hotels with good facilities.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat –
- Food in this city? ———> this region is famous for fruits.
- In Jhalokati, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
- There are Chadkathi Market, New Market, Super Market etc.
- Do shopping in this city with joy.
Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Jhalokati or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- Transportation system at Jhalokati is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Jhalokati, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above.
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.