Kaptai Lake । Kaptai Lake Resort । Where To Eat । Tourist Spot And How To Go
Welcome to Kaptai, an Upazila in Rangamati district. Travelling to Kaptai Lake will give you great pleasure with a great experience.
Kaptai is an Upazila in Rangamati district in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh. Which is located about 26 km away from Rangamati Sadar. Kaukhali Upazila and Rangamati Sadar Upazila on the north, Rangamati Sadar Upazila and Bilaichhari Upazila on the east, Rajsthali Upazila on the south and Rangunia Upazila of Chittagong District on the west. Many people think that the words Katthaya and Kiyong have an effect on the naming of Kaptai Upazila. Katthaya means waist and kyong means canal. This Upazila consists of 4 unions, 9 mouzas and 144 villages. The river Karnafuli and Kaptai lake flow through Kaptai. The main sources of Kaptai’s economy are agriculture, fisheries, forest resources, rayon industry and various industries. Bangladesh’s main hydropower station and the largest paper mill Karnafuli Paper Mills, Wajna Tea Asset, Wood Processing Factory and Bangladesh Timber are located in this Upazila.
How to go –
Whenever you want to go Kaptai, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Kaptai). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC) and all information
Places of interest –
Kaptai Hydro Power Station-
The Karnafuli Hydro Power Station is powered by water power. Rangamati is about 50 km from Chittagong. A spillway of 845 feet length with 16 water valves is kept. Water discharge capacity is 5,25,000 cusec feet per second.
Kaptai Lake is located in Kaptai Upazila, Rangamati District, Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh. This is an artificial lake. When the Kaptai Dam was built on the Karnafuli River in 1956, for the Karnafuli Hydroelectric Power Station, 54,000 acres of agricultural land in Rangamati district was submerged which created this lake.
Karnafuli Paper Mills Ltd-
It is a paper pulp and paper manufacturing industry. It is the largest paper producing company in Bangladesh. It is located in Kaptai Upazila.
Bangladesh Forest and Environment Department cover an area of 5,484 hectares in Kaptai Upazila of Rangamati district. Where there are deer, elephants, wild cats, cloudy leopards, monkeys, apes, etc. Several birds of different species have been found. There are two rest houses in the park.
Other places of interest:
- Kaptai Dam.
- Karnafuli Hydropower Station.
- Navycamp picnic spot.
- Zoom Restaurant Picnic Spot.
- Waggachara Tea Estate.
- Chitmaram Buddhist temple, etc.
Where to spend the night –
- You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels-
- Bonoful Rest House,
- BFIDC Rest House,
- Upazila Parishad Rest House,
- Zoom Restaurant,
- KPM Guest House,
- Banasree Tourist Complex etc. are some good names with best facilities.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat – Kaptai Lake
- Kaptai’s food? ———> this region is famous for fish and rice.
- In Kaptai, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
- There are numerous shopping malls like Haji Lal Mia Store, Sonia Clothing Store etc.
- Do shopping in this city with joy.
Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Kaptai or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- Transportation system at Kaptai is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Kaptai, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above.
- Why not come to that end in this region? Or why not live where? can easily reach your destination. will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- The bus stand is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station, there is an arrangement for you to stay in the alleys. You can book a room by entering the link above.
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.