Patuakhali Tour Spot । Local Food । Spend The Night । How To Go । ETC
Welcome to a beautiful green land in Patuakhali district of Barisal division, a town which is also called a daughter of the sea.
Patuakhali is a district in the Barisal Division of Bangladesh. It is bounded on the north by Barisal, on the south by the Bay of Bengal, on the east by Bhola and on the west by Barguna. The city consists of the floodplain of the Meghna River and small ‘Chors’. The district consists of 6 Upazilas, 5 municipalities, 9 thanas and 6 unions. There are innumerable rivers in Patuakhali district including Lohalia, Laukathi, Payra, Lebukhali, Andharamanik, Agunmukha, Bura, Gouranga, Tetulia etc. Patuakhali city is about one and a half hundred years old. Patuakhali economy is run by fishery resources, forest land, industry and trade (cottage industry, pottery, jute industry, bidi industry, rice and pulses trade). Consists of notable personalities, impressive places, educational institutions and important installations.
How to go-
Whenever you want to go Patuakhali, search on the home page of our website by selecting the name of the area and where to go (Patuakhali). You will find our website (kemnejabo.com), bus counter location and phone number, bus fare, bus type (AC / non-AC) and all information.
Places of interest-
There are numerous attractions in this area to give pleasure to your mind.
Lebur Chor is located 5 km east of Kuakata beach in Patuakhali district. To the locals the lebur chor is known as the nembur chor. Rows of green trees in the Sundarbans can be seen from the end of the Lebur Chor.
Majidbaria Shahi Mosque-
Majidbaria Shahi Mosque is located 20 km away from Patuakhali city. This mosque is one of the most important examples of ancient Muslim architecture in Mirzaganj Upazila. Established about 500 years ago, this royal mosque bears witness to the glorious history of Muslim architecture and heritage of the Sultanate period.
Shima Buddhist Temple-
Shima Buddhist Temple has located about 6 km from Kuakata beach. In front of the ancient well is the traditional shima Buddhist temple is placed.
Kuakata beach is Located at Latachapali union of Kalapara police station of Patuakhali district. This Kuakata beach is about 16 km long. Sunrise and sunset can be seen here. This feature makes Kuakata unique from all the beaches. Fishermen can be seen fishing on Kuakata beach almost all year round. If you want to go to the beach, you can rent a motorcycle and a horse. The amount of rental money usually depends on distance and time. There are also several chors near Kuakata.
Misripara Buddhist Temple-
There is a large Buddhist temple at Misripara, another Rakhine village, about 6 km from Kuakata. It is said that the temple has the largest Buddhist statue in the subcontinent. Chor Vijay- It is located about 40 km to the south-east corner of Gangamati forest, east of Kuakata in Patuakhali. Chor Vijay Island has been developed with an area of about 5,000 acres.
The well is still a witness to the history behind the naming of the well. If you want to see this well, you have to go to Keranipara, the residence of Rakhine. As soon as you enter here, you can see the ancient well.
The first water museum in South Asia started its journey in a two-storey building on the Kuakata-Dhaka road in Kolapara, Patuakhali district.
Keranipara, the abode of the Rakhine, is just a short walk from the road to Shima Buddhist Temple. Rakhine women are very skilled in weaving cloth and making attractive winter sheets .
The distance from Galachipa upazila of Patuakhali to Sonarchar is 60 km.
Fatra forest –
To the west of the beach, Fatra forest starting from the other side of the river. This forest has almost all the features of the Sundarbans. If you want to go from Kuakata to Fatra forest, you have to rent an engine boat.
The location of the fishing village is at the western end of Kuakata beach. The shutki season lasts from November to March. The fish is caught from the sea and dried on the beach. If you want, you can spend time watching this busy schedule of fishermen. And you can buy different types of dried fish at low prices.
Where to spend the night-
You can rent a hotel room starts from 200tk to as much as you can. Among numerous hotels-
- Banani Palace, Hotel
- Kuakata Inn,
- Hotel Nilanjana,
- Kuakata Guest House.
- There are hotels like Hotel Sky Palace, Hotel Mohana International Ltd,
- Sagar Kanya Resort Ltd. etc. are quite famous.
- You can book a room – booking room.
Where to eat-
- Food of Patuakhali? >>> Fruits produced in Patuakhali- Mango, Watermelon, Jackfruit, Guava, Blackberry, Papaya, Banana, Litchi, Lemon, Pineapple, Almond, Coconut, Orange etc. Numerous hotels have their own restaurants and provide catering service to their guests. Here you will find a variety of fish roast at various restaurants in Kuakata.
- In Patuakhali, you can find food in different restaurants, cafes and hotels just two steps away.
Where can I get a vehicle? Where is the counter? What do I do if I don’t get a vehicle? Can I have a vehicle at night? Can I have a place to stay? Will the restaurant be open?
- Whenever you come to Patuakhali or wherever you live, you can easily reach your destination. You will find counters at all stations. Each station has different bus counters. Contact them to find your destination address.
- To find your counter, contact us by collecting the bus counter number below and we will give you specific information.
- Transportation system at Patuakhali is open 24 hours a day. You will get the bus address by scrolling down.
- At every station in Gazipur, you can easily find hotels to stay. You can book a room by entering the link above.
Click here for information on other places of interest in Bangladesh.